Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bats at the door ...

Tonight, I address everything in the title of this blog!

Today, I trundled down to the townhall and paid for the cats' licenses.  Yippee!  They're good for another year!  2011's metal tags are green; last year, I believe they were red, and the year before they were silver.  Hmm ... I bet I could make some interesting bracelets with the old tags ...

As it happens, I'm in the market for a door knocker for the back outside door ... but I'm pretty sure I want a bat [or possibly something horror-related; no zombies need apply, thanks].  A friend sent this link:  http://www.rensup.com/Black-Door-Knocker/17216.htm.

It's pretty cool ... and considerably less expensive than the other one at the first link he sent--that cost $150.   Cough, cough.  Gasp!

I'm also looking for a plug-in doorbell.  I've been to the big box stores just outside of town and traipsed up and down the aisles--tra la!--but I guess I'll start searching online.  What do I want?  Well, something interesting would be nice.  Something affordable would also be good! <g>
And speaking of rats ... I see that the season finale of Hoarders will be on next week and will feature a guy who has a lot of rats.  I think that "a lot" probably does not come close to describing the number of rats in this guy's house.  I think I read somewhere that the rats numbered in the neighborhood of a thousand ... or more.  And these rats were not caged, by the way ... In one of the preview scenes, the rats just POURED out of the wall.  It was a waterfall of rodents!  Um ... I look forward to this episode.  I think.  I tape the show every Monday night, then watch it later on in the evening or sometimes early Tuesday.  And then for some reason, I find myself tossing out stuff and picking up around the house for the next few days ...

Well, I've got to go and sort through some papers and such now ... 

Kat




4 comments:

  1. Holy cupcakes, Batman, that's a lot of rats. I'll have to check it out online. Thanks for the tip.

    Happy Eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good cat picture. That's the good life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Ivy. That's Sprout, and he loves his kitty bed! He's also one serious napper. I believe he sleeps 37 out of every 24 hours.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete